Indonesian Spicy Rice
Recipe by Christine Waltermyer, author of "Natural Vegan Kitchen". This rice is for spice lovers! Ginger and cinnamon nicely compliment the sweet onion and pungent jalapeno, cayenne and scallions.
Published Aug 17, 2014
- 1 TSP Sesame oil
- 1 TBSP Water
- 1 TSP Minced garlic
- 1/2 Cup Diced onion
- 1/2 Cup Diced red bell pepper
- 2 PCS Jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Uncooked Organic Volcano Rice™
- 2 Cups Low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 PCS Bay Leaf
- 1/4 TSP Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 Cup Thinly sliced scallions
- Place the sesame oil and water in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium high heat and add the garlic, ginger, onion, red bell pepper and jalapeno pepper. Cook and stir for 5-10 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cinnamon, Volcano Rice, vegetable broth, bay leaf and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, uncovered, over medium high heat.
- Lightly cover and reduce heat to simmer on low for 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Serve hot, garnished with scallions.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 10 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 55 minutes.