Coconut Forbidden Rice Pudding with Cayenne Mango
By Chef Trudy Schafer, M.A.
- 1/4 cup Forbidden Rice
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Water
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup, divided
- 1 Mango, diced
- 1/16 tsp Cayenne
- In medium sauce pan add Forbidden Rice, Coconut Milk, Water and 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, bring to a boil and then drop down to a simmer. Cook for 30-40 minutes until Forbidden Rice is tender. This will have a soupy consistency.
- While Forbidden Rice is cooking, dice the mango. Place half of the diced mango into a bowl, take the other half of the diced mango and place it into a blender, add 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup and the cayenne. Blend together until completely smooth. Pour over diced mango.
- To plate as a parfait, use a small glass, add forbidden rice pudding, then a layer of the cayenne mango, then repeat the forbidden rice pudding ending with cayenne mango.
- Eat at room temperature, or chilled.
Yields 2 Cups