Bhutanese Red Rice, Mango and Smoked Chicken Salad with Lemon Dressing
Published Sep 21, 2014
- 1 Cup uncooked Bhutan Red Rice
- 1 Cup mango, seeded and diced
- 1 Cup smoked chicken, shredded into thin strips
- 1/2 Cup scallions, trimmed and cut diagonally into thin slices (about 3)
- To make Lemon Dressing:
- 1/4 Cup olive oil or other vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 Tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- To cook Bhutanese Red Rice, bring 1 cup of rice, a pinch of salt and 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Fluff rice in a large bowl to cool.
- To make the dressing whisk together the oil, lemon juice, tamari or soy sauce, ginger, lemon zest and garlic in a small bowl. Just before serving pour the dressing over the cooked red rice, mango and smoked chicken. Toss to blend and serve.